- Meet RGT members at the Leverett Harvest Festival – Saturday, October 15th
- The Story of the Leverett Town Farm – Sunday, October 30th, 2:00pm
- Participate in the Seasonal Sounds of Leverett
- Leverett Trails Committee: Events, Trail Maps, and Poetry Boxes
- Donate to RGT online? Help us at the Transfer Station?
- Cave Hill Conservation Area is now an eBird Hotspot
Rattlesnake Gutter Trust
For 27 years, the Rattlesnake Gutter Trust has worked to protect the natural and scenic area of Leverett. The Trust works to keep a balance between development and the protection of the forests, fields and waterways that we cherish. The Rattlesnake Gutter Trust has three main activities: to purchase and manage important conservation land, such as the East Leverett Meadow and the land abutting Rattlesnake Gutter; to assist Leverett landowners in protecting their property through conservation restrictions and helping to collect the required data and maps; and to sponsor and organize educational activities about the ecology and history of the landscape, including hikes, school events, lectures, and slideshows. The Rattlesnake Gutter Trust depends on financial support to accomplish these activities. Our funds come from membership dues, additional contributions from our members and others, and proceeds from RGT’s returnable cans and bottles shed at the Leverett landfill. With ongoing support, the Trust can continue to protect the rural landscape that makes Leverett the special place we call home. Leverett will remain a great place to live as long as all of us work together to protect it.
Trustees Emeriti: Kathryn Addelson, Lou Bannister, Priscilla Greeley, Gordon King, Mary Alice Wilson
Trustees in memoriam: David Field, Annette Gibavic, and Evelyn Schuyler